This is site is the new home for my blog, Hungry Blues, which I started over on Typepad's hosted service in March, 2004.
From this point forward, all new blog content will be posted here exclusively.
Because I have moved from a hosted domain (i.e., my old urls include ".typepad.com") to my own domain (hungryblues.net), existing internal links from one Hungry Blues post to another Hungry Blues post will continue to take you to the pages on the old site. The old Typepad site, will therefore remain open until I complete the process of manually updating all of the internal links on my new site. With over 600 posts on the old site, this is a tedious process that will take some time.
During the transition period, clicking intnernal links to other Hungry Blues posts may take you to my old site. However, comments and trackbacks on the old site are permanently closed. If you want to comment on something you found over there, copy and paste the post title into the search box in the sidebar on this site. The search result should take you to the same post on this site.
Here is a list of things I need to do to complete the migration process and close down the Typepad site:
- Manually update all internal links.
- Enable trackback pings on all old posts (must also be done manually...).
- Move all files (images, audio, etc.) to new site.
- Clean up formatting on posts that got mangled during migration.
- Replace Quicktime audio players that got stripped from the posts during migration with simple mp3 links and the flash-based player now installed on this site.
Also on the agenda:
On new site, change display template to move post dates from post headers to post footers (I could use some CSS help on this one).
- Continue updating the blogroll to reflect current reading habits.
- Create stand alone pages for updated versions of the link collections in sidebar of old site.
Tips on how to most efficiently update links and clean up posts are most welcome. (Contact info is here.)